Lorne Cancer Conference-Boomerang Travel Fellowship
The “Boomerang” travel fellowship has been established to help Australian cancer researchers working overseas to return to Australia to continue their career development.
- Applicants are early to mid career researchers with a maximum of 10 years past PhD who currently conduct cancer research overseas.
- Applicants are Australian Citizen or Permanent Residents who are seeking a research position in Australia and will use the travel award for strategic alliances.
- Successful applicants will present their research at the Lorne Cancer Conference in February that year.
- Applicants must visit a minimum of 2 Australian cities and Research Institutions and present their research before or after the Lorne Cancer Conference. It is the applicant’s responsibility to select Institutions and make appropriate arrangements with hosts.
- The Lorne Cancer Conference will cover up to $6,000 for economy international and domestic airfares and accommodation for up to 2 nights per city. Lorne Cancer Conference registration, accommodation and meal package will be covered. Please note, costs for accompanying persons are not included.
- The successful applicant is required to send an outcome report by November the year of the conference to the contacts below.
Applications for the Lorne Cancer Conference Boomerang Travel Award-2018 are open from TBC.
Click here to download the application form.
Application deadline: TBC
Applicants are required to submit electronically (see application form)
- abstract for Lorne Cancer Conference presentation (following online guidelines)
- curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages)
- publication list
- brief outline of future research plans in Australia (max. 1 page)
- travel plan, selected Institutes and hosts